Warsaw Breakfast Optimist, March 10, 2021
Presiding – Mitch Goon
Attendance – 93 in person and via Zoom
Invocation – Layne Sumner
Greeter – Glenn Hall
Guests – Brandon Stewart via Zoom (Brooke Hamstra), Jessica Shaw (Andy Swihart) Timothy Chickering, 3rd reading, (Ann Sweet); Lester Pierce
- Oratorical Contests – March 28 1 – 4pm – Jeff Owens
- Community Quiz Bowl postponed until September 14 – George Brennan heading up our 2 teams. Contact George to participate.
- Spring Break Skate – Trace Hansen
- Golden Glo Fundraiser – May 1 – Charlie Wagner
- Cruise In Car Show – May 16 – Brent Mock
- Veterans – email your Service photo and a current photo to Alan Lucht for our Memorial Day program (email@example.com or call 574-527-1060 for questions)
Board Meeting Report –
- Dues – 1st quarter is due mail to PO Box 344 or see Austin
- Exploratory Committee to look into building our own meeting/club facility Co-Chairs Jim Smith & Chris Plack – contact them to be a part of the committee.
Students of the Week – Lakeview Middle School – Amy Sively, Next Week – Edgewood Middle School
Birthdays – Jane Wear, March 13
Membership – 3rd reading – Jessica Shaw, Andy Swihart sponsor; 3rd Reading – Timothy Chickering, Sponsor Ann Sweet; 1st Reading Brandon Stewart, Via Zoom, Sponsor Brooke Hamstra
50/50 – $37.00, Winner, Ron Chambers
Program – STRE.ME – Business Startup – Jack Patton VIA Zoom. Everyone has implicit biases that never go away and create significant human and economic costs, especially in law enforcement, healthcare, higher education, and workforce development. This is why STRE.ME equips individuals to improve interactions, decisions, and communication with others by learning how to manage their implicit biases. STRE.ME enables organizational leaders to create cultures of awareness and accountability that promote equitable outcomes.
STRE.ME is the culmination of research and real-world applications from its leaders, all of whom have unique skill sets. When combined, the leadership team and advisors complement STRE.ME’s mission to create cultures of awareness and accountability.
Next Week’s Program – State of the City of Warsaw – Mayor Joe Thallemer
Positive Message – “Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best, to become the best that you are capable of becoming.” John Wooden