Warsaw Breakfast Optimist, December 9, 2020
Presiding – Mitch Goon
Attendance – 30 in person, 23 via Zoom
Invocation – Alan Lucht
Greeter – David Haines
*Pam Galloway was recognized for her work as President of the Warsaw Breakfast Optimist Club from October 2019 – October 2020.
*Santa House – Daren Maierle
*White Elephant Auction Dec 30
*Meeting place December 23 – March 31 – 2517
*Need help moving meeting supplies after next weeks meeting.
Birthdays – Ryan Fischer 12/7; Jason Zaugg 12/10; George Brennan 12/11; Chris Kehler 12/12
Membership – Aaron Klein (Travis McConnell) – 2nd Reading
Program – Alan Tio via Zoom – Kosciusko County Economic Development KEDCO update. KEDCO formed in 1984 to promote economic and community development and evolved with a growth mindset to help area businesses prosper. Special areas of assistance include:
- Retention of existing industry
- Grant application / information
- Networking – provide local contact names
- A liaison to local and state government officials
- Tax abatement
- Tax increment finance process
- Locating available industrial sites and buildings
- Other valuable business-related information
Sergeants at Arms – Bob Jackson, Jennifer Lucht and Chris Plack acted as our sergeants this week.
Next Week Program – Casey Jones – ACRES Land Trust
Positive Message – “Tough times never last, but tough people do!” Robert H Schuller