Warsaw Breakfast Optimist, December 16, 2020
Presiding – Mitch Goon
Attendance – 38 in person, 21 via Zoom
Invocation – Brooke Hamstra via Zoom
Greeter – Ron Chambers
Announcements – WE WILL CONTINUE TO MEET AT THE SHRINE BUILDING
– In memoriam of Millie Andrews to scholarship fund – today
– Freewill offering for the Black Tie Catering helpers – today
– Santa House – Daren Maierle
– White Elephant Auction Dec 30
– Check – Baker Youth Club -$1,000 for Christmas Gifts
– Marv Miller – American Church Group of Indiana $400 Gift to Club
– We will collect in memoriam of Judge David Cates January 6 & January 13
– We will try a Nelson Golden Glo fundraiser – Charlie Wagner is heading up a committee
Birthdays – Larry Bishop December15; Michele Bickel December17; Kevin Weaver December 17
Membership – Aaron Klein, Travis McConnell, sponsor – 3rd Reading
Program – Casey Jones via Zoom – ACRES Land Trust, ACRES Land Trust owns and protects natural and working lands, inspiring people to value, appreciate and support these places, for the benefit of all — today and forever.
ACRES founders were instrumental in creating the Indiana Nature Preserve Act (1967), legislation that protects natural areas throughout Indiana. For 32 years, ACRES was an all-volunteer organization until it hired its first executive director, Carolyn McNagny, in 1992.
Today, ACRES serves 27 counties across northeast Indiana, northern Ohio and southern Michigan with eight full-time staff members. Volunteers are still vital to ACRES’ work protecting and managing the preserves and supporting communities in celebrating their beloved natural areas.
Each preserve holds countless untold stories – from the land itself and from the people who love it. ACRES’ archives protect a range of historic information and ephemera from the ages. You can see some of these stories in our social media, our members-only Quarterly and in our email newsletter.
Today, thanks to ACRES founders, members and supporters, you can visit the preserves and become a member, adding your story to this rich, living history!
Sergeants at Arms – Memories of Millie Andrews and David Cates were shared.
Next Week Program – Optimist Signers Christmas program
Positive Message – “No Man is a Failure who has Friends.” Clarence (It’s a Wonderful Life)