Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
10/1 Wed. Football
10/1 Wed. Wagon Wheel / Rachel Mondragon
10/8 Wed. Volleyball
10/8 Wed. / Ron Chambers
10/15 Wed. SCTP / Tom Moore
10/22 Wed. Stonehenge Golf / Trent Barlow, Head Golf Pro
10/29 Wed. Lake City Bank / David Findlay, CEO
11/12 Wed. Girls Swim & Dive
11/12 Wed. Beamon Home
11/19 Wed Boys Swim & Dive
11/19 Wed. WCSH Orchestra
11/26 Sun. Boy Scout Bake Sale
President Everett Nifong led our meeting.
100 Optimists & guests:
- Dennis Williams-Guest of Jim Kessler.
- Ryan Sandburg-Guest of John Elliot.
- Crystal Heckaman, Michael Thacker & Deontae Smith-Program.
- WCHS Girls Cross Country team and Coach, Scott Erba.
Door Greeters: Jim & Brenda Bricker.
Prayer: Fred Nieter.
Pledge was given to the American flag.
Promise yourself was said in unison.
Hail to Optimism was sung in unison.
Birthday Honorees: Bob Jackson, Tony Ciriello, James Lancaster, Dennis Williams & WCHS Golf Team. (Small, Medium, Large, Medium).
No updates at this time.
None at this time.
- Rotary Challenge – 8th Annual Fur Ball Event Saturday, September 20, 2014 from 6-9pm at the Rice Toyota location. Help support Tucker and represent our club!
- Optimist Luncheon with the Warsaw Noon Optimist on Monday, September 22nd at noon over at Grace Retirement Village.
- Reminder that this is the last week for the Octagon Club’s Pumpkin Project!
- Art in the Park will be held on First Friday on October 3rd.
- EVERYONE please add email@example.com as a contact in your email. ALL future correspondences from the club will be generated from this email address!
A $500 Optimist Breakfast Club check was presented by Art Gakstatter to Tracy Furnival for helping sponsor the Baker Youth Club for the Cruzin’ Hoosiers Car Show.
A $700 Optimist Breakfast Club check was presented to Anna Burke for being a sponsor for the Center for Lakes and Streams Field Day this year.
Our very own Ot Schroeder was recognized by John Sullivan and given a pin and award for all of his efforts and support to the Optimist Foundation. Well done Ot!
Sergeants-at-Arms: Lyle Enyeart entertained us:
- $1 Charge-
o Rick Kerlin since Ford won the race.
o Jim Kessler for his alarm going off during the meeting.
o Gina Voelz for Optimist going to the “dogs.”
- Happy $1-
o Juergen Voss on a letter he received from Gene.
o John Teevan for his letters being published in the The Paper Wall Street Journal.
o Ann Sweet gave $2 for her step son adopting twin baby girls.
o Brooke Hamstra gave $2 for a weekend of celebrating, her 5 year anniversary is Friday and her twin boys will turn 3 years old on Sunday.
o Bill Katip also gave $2 for his grandson’s first day of school being the best day of his life and for having an increase of 15% for enrollment at Grace.
50/50: Gina Voelz was today’s winner!
Crystal Heckaman, Michael Thacker and Deontae Smith presented information about Rachel’s Challenge and what Tippecanoe Valley High School has done during this past year! The organization was created in honor of the life of Rachel Joy Scott, who was one of the first victims in the Columbine shooting. The theory is that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion, then it will start a chain reaction of the same. People will never know how far a little kindness can go.
For more information contact: