Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
9/10 Wed. Girls Golf
9/10 Wed. WCHS Athletics / Dave Anson
9/17 Wed. Girls Cross Country
9/17 Wed. Crystal Heckaman / Rachel’s Challenge – Friends of Rachel
10/1 Wed. Football
10/1 Wed. Wagon Wheel / Rachel Mondragon
10/8 Wed. Volleyball
10/8 Wed. K-21 / Rich Haddad
10/15 Wed. SCTP / Tom Moore
10/22 Wed. Stonehenge Golf / Trent Barlow, Head Golf Pro
10/29 Wed. Lake City Bank / David Findlay, CEO
11/12 Wed. Girls Swim & Dive
11/12 Wed. Beamon Home
11/19 Wed Boys Swim & Dive
11/19 Wed. WCSH Orchestra
11/26 Sun. Boy Scout Bake Sale
President Everett Nifong led our meeting.
93 Optimists & 5+ guests:
- David Daylor-Guest of Kellie Malcolm.
- Jim Straeter (Rochester Optimist)-Guest of Ot Schroeder.
- Jack Townsend (Rochester Optimist)-Guest of Ot Schroeder.
- Herb Duncan from Tiger Booster Club.
- Jo Faulkner-Program
Door Greeters: Trace Hansen.
Prayer: Bill Landrigan. Please continue to life up Marv Miller in our thoughts and prayers at this time.
Pledge was given to the American flag.
Promise yourself was said in unison.
Hail to Optimism was sung in unison.
Birthday Honorees: A Penguin Point Server, Rich Haddad, Joel Wihebrink, and some of the Soccer Girls.
No updates at this time.
None at this time.
- The 2014-2015 Optimist Directory will underway soon. Ads are due by September 10th. Update Member Information deadline is Sept. 17th. Committee & Project info due by Sept. 17th. Please see Dr. Jason Rich and Jim Hayes for more information.
- Jay Tate – Safe Assured Event at the Heart of the Harvest Festival will b held from 11am-5pm on Saturday, September 27th.
- Rotary Challenge – 8th annual Fur Ball Event Saturday, September 20, 2014 from 6-9pm at the Rice Toyota location.
- Rachel’s Challenge Event – Tippecanoe Valley High School Gym – Thursday, September 4th at 7pm. There will be refreshments and door prizes. Student bullying and teen suicide prevention.
Luke Becknell presented Herb Duncan from Tiger Booster Club a check from our club in the amount of $500.
Sergeants-at-Arms: Trace Hensen & Luke Becknell entertained us:
- $1 Charge-
o John Kirkpatrick for singing Happy Birthday to the soccer girls and not to Luke last week.
o Art Gakstatter for leaving his Mercedez lights on.
o Kellie Malcolm did not introduce Mike Cox as a sponsor last week for the induction of Sarah Masterson.
o Craig Snow for International Day of Charity.
o Millie Andrews for appreciation of always playing the keyboard for our song.
o Several people for National Beard month.
o John Burtoft for be late for something day.
o Aaron Rovenstine for no rhyme or reason day.
- Happy $1-
o Ron Donkers gave two happy dollars for 1) Him and Patti’s safe cruise and 2) His new shirt thanks to Ron Chambers negotiating tactics.
o Dave Turner for celebrating his 43rd Wedding Anniversary with his lovely bride, Claudia.
o Mike Cox gave two happy dollars for 1) celebrating his 40th Wedding Anniversary with Mary last week and 2) for traveling through 50 states and crossing both oceans.
o Jim Reeve for recruiting 3 new scout leaders and thanked Trace Hansen for hosting the scouts this year.
o Bill Landrigan held up a Right For Life ticket for $40 and suggested Aaron Rovenstine purchase one with his winnings.
o Bob Jackson invited everyone to head to Plymouth Friday night for the football game.
o Marty Becker gave two happy dollars for 1) Grace College Rehearsal went well last night and 2) His 3rd grade grandson ran his first cross country meet last week and won, good news he won and bad news he beat his 7th grade sister, who now quit cross country.
50/50: Aaron Rovenstine was today’s winner!
Jo Faulkner the new Associate Director for United Way of Kosciusko County presented this morning. She shared the three concentrations that United Way will be focusing on this year, Education, Income, & Health. She talked about several different programs that the association is involved a little bit about each of them.
For more information contact:
United Way of Kosciusko County
119 E Center Street, Suite A5
Warsaw, IN 46580