Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
9/23-CERT Disaster Program/Joe Wilkey
10/14-WPD Citizens Police Academy
10/21-Kosciusko Cares/Tammy Cotton
10/28-Oregon Trails Experience/Randy Polston
President Rick Kerlin led our meeting.
100 Optimists & guests:
- Jill Boggs-guest of John Elliot.
- Karen Kauffman-Program.
- Joe Jackson-son and guest of Bob Jackson.
- WCHS Girls Cross Country Team and coach Scott Erba.
Door Greeters: Mike Cox and Art Gakstatter.
Prayer: Dave Turner.
Pledge was given to the American flag.
Promise yourself was said in unison.
Hail to Optimism was sung in unison.
Birthday Honorees: Happy Birthday to Bob Jackson, Tony Ciriello and James Lancaster!
Check Presentation: Adam turner presented a check to Doug Ogle from the Warsaw Tiger Basketball Golf Classic in the amount of $100 from the club.
- Gina Voelz announced Art In The Park is this Saturday. It will be from 9-11am and there will be elementary teachers doing different art projects for the kids to join in and do. Please come out and help make this a success, contact Gina if you can help.
- Optimist Directory deadline is today!
Joel Wihebrink along with all of the other Past Optimist Presidents inducted:
- Bill Crane-sponsored by Denny Andrews.
- The Fall New Member Orientation was great last week! Thank you to John Elliot and Ron Donkers for sharing some of your insights and experiences from the club.
- Indiana Bicentennial will be next year. They are looking for torch bearers to carry the torch. The person nominated should show public service, achievement, acts of herosim, and volunteer service within the community. Please let Rick Kerlin know if you have a nomination for this role. It would be great to have a Warsaw Breakfast Optimist involved for this!
- Ann Sweet announced Feed My Starving Children will be held October 14-17 this year and had information on the tables.
- Joe Jackson the President of the Octagan Club announced they will be doing their fall display fundraiser for anyone interested. They cost $75 and they will be delivered and set up. For only $10 more they will come back and remove the display as well. Make sure you sign up today!
None this morning.
50/50: Jim Bricker was today’s winner!
Videos: Talk Like a Pirate Video was played explaining the 5 A’s in Pirate Talk.
Sergeants-at-Arms: Jeff, Bob and Steve were all back to entertain us this morning:
- $1 Fine:
- Jim Bricker for not having volume on the video.
- Coach Kessler was recognized for being the Newest NAIA Hall of Fame Member, having won 700 games! Great job coach!
- Dave Taylor could probably pull off the pirate gig.
- Don Kenipe keeps track of the attendance and passed out forms this morning, Bob wanted to know what “font type” he uses in Word.
- Bill Katip for the Grace College girls soccer team having a head lice infestation.
- Pam Galloway was asked to name the 16 canidates participating in the Presidential Debate tonight.
- 5 Questions:
- Pam Galloway
- Donkey or Elephant? = Elephant.
- What year did you first vote? = 1976.
- Buttons, punches, or levers? = Levers.
- Ever win an election? = Yes, Wisconsin State Sentate.
- Who is your favorite President? = Calvin Coolidge.
- Pam Galloway
- $Optimistic $1:
- John Elliot for the Ohio State marching band being able to spell Ohio 4 times.
- Joe Wilkey for World Compassion Network supplying 500,000 of the meals packed for Feed My Starving last year.
- Luke Beckness asked what the new pirate movie was being rated as….”Arrrr.”
- Ron Donkers said that Ohio State is ranked #1 party school in the nation.
- Juergen Voss said that his daughter Michelle was engaged to Kris Shipley over the weekend.
- Joel Wihebrink for his daughter being on the golf team.
- Akash Jain gave $5 for his daughter collecting over 2,000 sweaters and recognized her for receiving an award for community service as well. Great job!
- Chris Gabryluk announced the arrival of their second baby on September 2nd Ashley Marie was born 10 lbs and 4 oz.
- Tony Ciriello announced after 34 years in law enforcement and stated he is going to retire and run for county coroner. Thank you for your many years of service Tony!
- Trace Hansen announced his newphew was recently in a Powerade Commercial.
- Bill Landrigan shared that the Right to Life banquet sold out and now has ½ price tickets for $10 to listen to the speaker on the 21st at the Grace College OCC.
Karen Kauffman and Curt Hermann from Season Home Care presented this morning. They shared about the different services they offer their customers, about their facility, and how serious they take their staffing. They have a passion for helping others and they love being a part of this community. Thank you for your presentation this morning Dave!
- Invite a Guest.
- Clean up tables.
Next Week’s Program: CERT Disaster Program-Joe Wilkey.
Next Week’s guests: .
Quote: “Optimists are nostalgic about the future.” -Chicago Tribune.
Have a safe and very Optimist Week!