Wednesday, September 14, 2016
September 14, 2016
9/21-Feed My Starving Children/Rob Parker
5-Thrivent Financial/Cheryl Avery
26-Ghost Tours/Greg Steffe
Past President, Trina Hoy, called our meeting to order at @ 7:00am.
Invocation by: Guest, Chris Mahan.
Greeters: Ron Chambers.
82 Members & Guests:
- Chris Mahan-guest of Brooke Hamstra.
- Matthew Townsend-guest of Travis McConnell.
- Joey Hickerson-guest of Joel Wihebrink.
Birthdays: Chris Wiggins, Andrew O’Connell, Bob Jackson, Tony Ciriello and Jim Lancaster. Happy Birthday!
Brooke Hamstra subbed in for Pam Galloway and conducted:
First Readings for:
- Chris Mahan-sponsored by Brooke Hamstra.
- Matthew Townsend-sponsored by Travis McConnell.
Program: Dave Anson the Athletic Director for WCHS presented this morning. He thanked everyone for donations and continued support for the group. Thank you!
- Ron Chambers gave a Safe Assured Recap and said that the event went great and they helped over 80 kids.
- Octagon Club doing fundraiser, pumpkin project.
- David Robertson is looking for help on 9/30 at Harrison Elementary from 9am-2pm with Back 2 the Days.
- Gina Voelz announced Art In The Park will be held on 9/24 from 10am-1pm at Center Park. Which is also her birthday! Please let her know if you are available to help out.
- YAP Clothing Drive-Jen Kerns announced.
- Red Out September-wear Red Optimist shirts.
Prayer Requests: Please keep our members and friends in your prayers!
- Mickey Smethers recently had knee replacement surgery.
- Don Kenipe fell and cracked 4 ribs.
- Megan Kotarski (Denney maiden name) for the loss of her new baby.
Please keep our members and friends in your prayers!
Check Presentation: None this week.
CEO Report: Jen Kerns announced Rob Edling this morning. Thank you for all you do for our club and in the community Rob. We appreciate you!
50/50: Marty Becker won this morning!
Sergeants-at-arms: Robert Bishop, Joel Wihebrink and Tim Hamman entertained us.
- Next Week: Feed My Starving Children/Rob Parker.
- Thank You Guests & Speaker.
- Clean your tables.
Quote: “99% of people give up on their dreams. Be the 1%.” -Unknown.
Thanks and have an Optimist Week!