Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
12/2-Lifeline/Mark Terrell and Wrestling
12/9-WACC/Ronna Kawsky and Gymnastics
12/16-Kosciusko Cares/Marsha Carey
12/30-White Elephant Auction
President, Trace Hansen, led our meeting.
77 Optimists & guests:
- Rick Swain-guest of John Sullivan.
- Trevor Ross-guest of John Elliott.
- Vicky Owens-guest and wife of Jeff Owens.
- Don Paker, Denny and Shelly Reeve-Warsaw Noon Optimist.
Door Greeters: Ron Chambers & Tony Ciriello.
Prayer: Alan Grossnickle.
Pledge was given to the American flag.
Promise yourself was said in unison.
Hail to Optimism was sung in unison.
Birthday Honorees: Happy Birthday to Austin Donavan and one of our cub scout guests!
Check Presentation: None today.
Pam Galloway conducted:
- 3rd Reading:
- Mark Terrell-sponsored by John Elliott.
- Rick Swain-sponsored by John Sullivan.
- 2nd Reading:
- Trevor Ross-sponsored by John Elliott.
CEO Report: None today.
- Merl Heckaman said they still have a few time slots to fill for ringing the Salvation Army bells at Kmart and Walmart on Saturday, November 28th from 9am-5pm. Contact him if you are interested.
- Mickey Smethers updated us on the Santa House. He said they are moving on Nov. 30th and they are still in need of Santas.
- Annual Holiday pass the basket will be sent around in spring of 2016.
- Reminder the Club needs YOUR help. We are looking for:
- Members to help with the Program Committee for next year.
- Jim Hayes is looking for some help on the slides for the weekly meetings as well as the Certificates next year.
Sheriff’s Report: Bill Landrigan and Harry Gigous provided a report.
50/50: Jim Reeve was today’s winner!
Videos: None today.
Sergeants-at-Arms: Tim Hamman and Robert Bishop entertained us:
- Missy Mitchell gave $2 for herself and husband being sworn in as Winona Lake Police officers.
- .Ann Sweet for her 50th or 25th high school class reunion.
- Jeff Owens was not fined, but recognized for his paperwork to his clients as he indicates he is a proud member of the Warsaw Breakfast Optimist club.
- Tony Ciriello for being in the paper with the youth leaders at Chore Time.
- Lyle Enyeart for his halloway joke.
- Several people gave for the 6 academic All Americans at Grace College.
- Tim Hamman reminded everyone that Saturday, November 28th is Shop Small Saturday. Support our local business owners!
- Mickey Smethers is thankful he was home and smelled his hot water heater as it ignited so his house did not burn down.
- Art Gakstatter is thankful for the gas prices….for all of his cars to fill up.
- Sam Whitaker is thankful that Trina Hoy and Ann Sweet are sitting at their table.
- Warsaw Noon Optimist Club thanked our club for participating in their annual poinsettia sale as for our joint community efforts with the youth.
The Cub Scout Pack 3729 Leesburg conducted the annual Cub Scout bake auction this morning! Lonnie Fisher announced the money raised will more than likely go towards a new pinewood derby track. Merl Heckaman and Bill Landrigan were the auctioneers and did a wonderful job to help raise $783.00 for the Cub Scouts. Great job everyone and enjoy your goodies purchased! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
- Invite a guest next week.
- Clean up tables.
- Next Week’s Program: Mark Terrell-Lifeline
- Quote: “See the glass half-full, then fill it the rest of the way.” Author Unknown.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and a very Optimist week!