Wednesday, March 9, 2016
Wednesday, March 9, 2015
3/23-Oratorical Contest Winners
3/30-WCS CAO/David Robertsen
4/6-History of Scouting/Jim Reeve
4/20-Historical Museum/Dan Coplen
President, Trace Hansen, led our meeting.
98 Optimists & guests:
- Alan Aldefer-Check Presentation.
- Carol Hamman-guest and wife of Tim Hamman.
- Geoff Walmer-guest and son of James Walmer.
- Patrick Haas-guest of Travis McConnell.
- WCHS Students of the week.
Door Greeters: Troy Akers & Tony Ciriello.
Prayer: Ivan Schuler.
Pledge was given to the American flag.
Promise yourself was said in unison.
Hail to Optimism was sung in unison.
Birthday Honorees: Happy Birthday to Jane Wear and Jonathan Fussle. Marty Becker said a lovely Happy Birthday Poem this morning.
- Art Gakstatter presented a check to Tony Ciriello in the amount of $500 for continued support of KYLA (Kosciusko Youth Leadership Academy).
- Mitch Goon presented a check to Alan Aldefer in the amount of $2,000 to help support Kosciusko County Riley Kids Fund.
Pam Galloway conducted:
- Patrick Haas-sponsored by Travis McConnell
Juergen Voss inducted:
- Ann Cuahuizo-who was sponsored by David Haines. Welcome to the club Ann!
Jennifer Pyle announced-Trace Hansen.
Member since-January 2008.
Children-Jordan-20, Ella-3, and Delaney-2.
Pets-Yorkies Zoey and Zeus (whom Art G. adopted).
City of residence-Warsaw for 8.5 years.
Occupation-Vice President of USA Roller Sports Corporate 3 Skating Rinks & Professional Coach.
Hobbies-Working out, kayaking, snowboarding (which he misses)
Burning Desire-Be as great a husband and father as my grandpa and Dad were/are.
Key to Success-Work hard, work smart, be humble, be a leader. Always believe in the power of you!
Honors-Rookie of the Year, current President and hopefully Distinguished Club!
Something nobody knows-He is quiet! He used to be loud. Trace served as one of 48 elite athletes on US Olympic Athlete Advisory Council for four years.
Favorite Optimist Memory-The positivity from our Triathlon.
Thank you Trace for your efforts, support and leadership to our club! We appreciate you and your dedication to our community and our club!
- Jeff Owens-Oratorical Contest is this Friday, March 11th.
- Rick Kerlin announced the nominating committee is open for suggestions for
the upcoming elections. There are 4 Board member positions to fill, 2 Vice Presidents and a President Elect for the 2018 year.
- Everett Nifong-9th Annual Golf Outing will be on June 16th.
- Alan Lucht-Car Show will be on Sunday, May 15th.
- Coach Doug Ogle lead the Warsaw Boys Basketball Team as Sectional Champions. Awesome job coach and good luck this weekend!
- Rick Kerlin passed around a sign-up sheet for the Riley Kids Phone A Thon next week.
Sheriff’s Report: No report this week.
50/50: Adam Heckaman won this week!
Videos: None today.
Sergeants-at-Arms: Tim Hamman and Robert Bishop entertained us…
- Rick Swaim for his picture being in the paper but no mention of the Optimist.
- Several members who are Basketball fans.
- Fred’s joke.
- Robert Bishop for his daughter’s cheer leading team being National and
- Larry Bishop for his grand child and his bird joke.
- John Elliot mentioned Trina Hoy is now a member of the States BooBoo of the Year, for an article in the paper stating that a picture with a check presentation that was in the paper read Optimist supports the Classic Farts Program.
- Sarah Masterson is a part of an evangelist disciple program and she was able to conduct her first Baptism over the weekend.
- Dr. Steve Hollar helped a passenger on an airplane suffering from COPD.
- Kris Shipley announced that RS Pest Control is looking to hire season staff, and if we know of anybody to let him know.
Tracy Furnivall from Baker Youth Club presented this morning. He showed a short video that explains what Baker Youth Club is all about and what services they provide. They are trying to create more awareness for their different programs. The new location has been a true blessing. Since they have made the switch they are seeing twice as much kids come to the club as before. Tracy said that increase would not come without the support of the local community and the transportation system they have in place now. Baker Youth Club is hosting its annual fundraising event on Friday, March 25. It is going to be a huge event called BYC Reality with The Bachelor Ben Higgins. Ben is going to be bringing his fiancé for the first time. Tracy Thank you for all that you and your organization does for the kids in our community Tracy! Great job presenting this morning!
For more information, contact:
Like them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BakerYouthClub
- Invite a guest next week.
- Clean up tables.
Next Week’s Program: REAL Services.
- Quote: “It takes the same amount of energy to believe as it does to worry.”
Have a Great and Optimistic week!