Wednesday, July 22, 2015
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
7/29-Lakes and Streams/Nate Bosch
Past President Everett Nifong led our meeting.
90 Optimists & guests:
- Jim Burke-guest of Alan Grossnickle.
- Tyler Ostrom-guest of Jason Gergely.
- Austin Donovan-guest of Trace Hansen.
- Brittany Lyon-guest of Jennifer Dorman.
- Brad Hagg-program.
Door Greeters: Rich Haddad & Tim Hamman.
Prayer: Luke Becknell.
Pledge was given to the American flag.
Promise yourself was said in unison.
Hail to Optimism was sung in unison.
Birthday Honorees: Happy Birthday Craig Allebach, Kristin Farwell, Jeff Owens, Martin Becker and Jason Gergely!
Check Presentation: None today.
- Art in the Park-Gina Voelz announced Jeff Owens is going to Co-Chair with her.
- Ron Chambers gave an update on the recent club visitation to Rochester’s club.
Ron Donkers inducted:
- Mike Hollingsworth-sponsored by Joel Wihebrink.
Mike Cox announced 1st Reading:
- Austin Donavan-sponsored by Trace Hansen.
Brooke Hamstra announced-Ot Schroeder.
Member since-June 1994.
His wife is Debbie (Larry Tucker’s Daughter).
Anniversary-November 6, 1982.
Children-Jeremey, Justin and Amanda.
Pets-Dog named Bentley.
City of residence-Warsaw for 21 years.
Occupation-State Farm Insurance Agent.
Hobbies-Raising Boer Goats for shows and selling to other producers and 4H Members.
Burning Desire-Visit all 50 states, he is up to 15 so far.
Key to Success-Working hard and keeping a positive attitude.
Honors-Warsaw: Past District President, Pillar of the Community, Past District Lt. Governor. Rochester: Optimist of the Year. Outstanding Young Ag Teacher 1983, Honorary State FFA Degree 1994, and 2013 Heart of Gold Recipeint.
Something nobody know-He was a former high school Agriculture Education Instructor; 14 years Past President Rochester Optimist Club.
Favorite Optimist Memory-Always very proud to tell people he is a member of the club. He was very impressed when John Elliot was President and meet him one night at 9pm to make sure he was able to print off a certificate for a new member being inducted the next morning. Thank you for sharing Ot! We appreciate ALL you have done and ALL that you continue to do for the club!
- Indiana North District Convention is August 7th & 8th and it will be right here in our own backyard at the Wyndam Gardens. We are the host club with John Sullivan organizing. Be sure to SAVE THE DATE!
- 35th Annual Big Wheel Race will be held on Friday, August 7th @ 7pm.
Bill gave a report.
50/50: Frank Gross was today’s winner of the $103 pot!
Sergeants-at-Arms: Jeff entertained us:
- $1 Fine:
- John Elliott, Ot may have thought he was the best President, but today there was a badge and pin missing.
- Merl for a wonderful day.
- Jim Hayes for being the only club member to remove a park bench for the Triathlon and it taking 4-5 club members to put it back.
- 5 Questions: Jason Gergely (Technology based)
- 1) When did you get your first computer? In the 90’s it was a Compac.
- 2) Describe your first cell phone? It was a big and bulky Motorolo flip phone with a huge antenna.
- 3) Fax/email/text?
- 4) Netflix/Hulu?
- 5) Website your wife doesn’t like you visiting?
- $Optimistic $1:
- Alan Lucht-new grandchild was born on July 2nd, Lucas William.
- Ot Schroeder-his son Jeremy got engaged last month, and his daughter received a full time teaching position.
- Jenny Lucht-they adopted twins….little kittens.
- John Elliot-for his friend Don Reinholt that Brady’s is going out of business and for Steve Hollar the new Pacers uniforms there is no #25.
Brad Hagg from Warsaw Community Schools Technology Department presented this morning. He shared the mission is to inspire dream and equipping minds not only in our community but throughout the world wherever their lives take them. He discussed several different statistics from the program that emphasized the success of utilizing technology in our schools to help educate the youth. Thank you for presenting Brad!
- Invite a Guest.
- Clean up tables.
Next Week’s Program: Dr. Nate Bosch-Lakes and Streas.
Quote: “An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” -Bill Vaughan.
Have a very Optimist Week!