Wednesday, January 6, 2015
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
1/13-Indiana Bi-Centennial/Diana Wulliman
1/20-WCS Middle School Orchestra/Carolyn Stalcup
1/27-Lakeland Youth Chorale
2/3-History of Basketball/Jim Kessler
2/10-YEA!/Jennifer Pyle & Andrea Reed
2/17-WISE/Brooke Hamstra & Chris Mahan
President, Trace Hansen, led our meeting.
88 Optimists & guests:
- Matt Voss son and guest of Juergen Voss.
- Stan Seiss guest of Doug Ogle.
- Tom Brown guest of Art Gakstatter.
- Mike Conley guest of Art Gakstatter.
- Tom & Christine Donkers guest of George Brennan (son and daughter-in-law of Ron and Patty Donkers).
- Patrick Haas-guest of Travis McConnell presented by Brooke Hamstra.
- Michael Lyons guest of Randy Polston.
- Tammy Stackhouse and Carl Adams-Program
Door Greeters: Everett Nifong & Mike Hollingsworth.
Prayer: Rick Swaim.
Pledge was given to the American flag.
Promise yourself was said in unison.
Hail to Optimism was sung in unison.
Birthday Honorees: Happy Birthday to Joy Lavender and Juergen Voss!
Check Presentation: None this week.
Brooke Hamstra conducted:
- 2nd Reading:
- Michael Lyons-sponsored by Randy Polston.
- 3rd Reading:
- Jason Finch-sponsored by Tony Ciriello.
David Haines inducted:
- Daren Maierele-sponsored by Dave Turner. Welcome back to the club Daren. We look forward to your involvement again!
CEO Report: None this week.
- Jeff Owens will have more for the Oratorical Contest soon.
- District meeting on January 23rd at Ivy Tech in Fort Wayne.
- Optimist article in the Journal Gazette.
- Harry Gigous updated on the Christmas Sales, we made $695.
- Art Gakstatter informed us that the city of Warsaw and the Parks Department loved having our Santa House down at the park last year.
- Doug Baumgardner will take over as Club Treasurer through April 2016, as Andy Swihart.
- Trace Hansen has a table for the Annual Chamber Dinner on January 28th. There are 6 seats available for $70/each.
- Reminder: Board meeting next Monday (1/11/16) night at 5:30pm at the Clubhouse.
Sheriff’s Report: None this week.
50/50: Dr. Carla Carlton won this week!
Videos: Grim Reaper was played.
- Merl Heckaman for his New Year’s Resolution.
- Luke Becknell’s resolution for having a new grandchild.
- Carla Carlton for winning 50/50.
- Marty Becker for the Optimist Song this morning.
- George Brennan was in The Paper for Gradway.
- Fred Nieter for his Monk joke.
- Tom Donkers for his dad being a snowbird.
- John Teevan for the write up in the paper for Benjamin Brown.
- John Sullivan for his granddaughter Jovy being born on 01/02/16 and she weighed 9 lb 2 oz. Keep his daughter in your prayers and she is having some headaches from the epidural.
Jo Fulkner is originally from Chicago. She has lived in Warsaw for 9 years. She has spent 20 years working with not for profits. She has 3 children and 7 grandchildren. Something nobody knows about her is that she actually met her husband when she was 15 years old at the Winona Hotel.
Tammy Stackhouse and Carl Adams presented this morning from Magical Meadows. The organization was started in 2007 to help autistic children gain new experiences and make new friends. They have since added a program for military veterans who have served our country, called Warriors Mount Up. Both of these programs serve great causes and they need our help to promote the programs and to help support them.
For more information, contact:
Address: 3386 East 525 North
Warsaw, IN 46582
- Invite a guest next week.
- Clean up tables.
Next Week’s Program: Magical Meadows/Tammy
- Quote: “I never worry about being driven to drink; I just worry about being driven home.” -W.C. Fields.
- My mother said to me, “If you become a soldier, you’ll be a general. If you become a monk you’ll end up as the pope.” Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso. –Pablo Picasso.
Have an Optimistic week!