Wednesday, February 4, 2015
Wednesday, February 4, 2015
2/18-Lake City Roller Dolls/
3/4-WCHS Poetry Contest Winners
3/18-Oratorical Contest Winners
3/25-WCS CAO/David Robertsen
President Rick Kerlin led our meeting.
80 Optimists & guests:
- John Paul Bird-guest of Greg Kralis.
- Honorary Guest, Dr. Steven Hollar-guest at the ladies table.
- Edgewood Students of the Week:
- Kayla Allison, Anjali Bass, Caleb Beam, Katie Benedict, Noah Burgh, Annie Carter, Camie Dahms, Landen Ferber, Maryking Jackson, Liza Lippe, Mackenzie Martz, Ethan Moore, Jaya Panicker, Sophia Schlitt, & Braxton Stewart.
Door Greeters: Craig Snow.
Prayer: James Nesbitt.
Pledge was given to the American flag.
Promise yourself was said in unison.
Hail to Optimism was sung in unison.
Birthday Honorees: Doug Baumgarder and Lyle Enyeart. Happy Birthday!
Check Presentation: None this week.
Jeff Owens inducted:
- Jennifer Pyle-Sponsored by Rick Kerlin.
- Tri-Star Basketball-Feb. 8th @ 2pm, BYC. Local competition for kids ages 8-13, FREE event. Shoot free throws, layups, dribble through cones and pass the ball at a target.
- Oratorical Contest-March 6th this year as part of First Friday’s downtown.
- Car Show will be in May 17th this year.
- Golf Outing will be on June 18th.
- Invoices for dues, please pay Doug Baumgardner.
- Harry Gigous announced that our partnership with Owens regarding the Christmas Trees was $825 last year.
- Board meeting on Monday at 5:30pm.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender email list!
- Are you on Facebook, be sure you go to our page (https://www.facebook.com/warsawoptimist) and “Like Us.”
50/50: George Brennan was the winner of $50 this morning!
Sergeants-at-Arms: Jeff Owens, Bob Jackson and Steve Hollar entertained us:
- $1 Charge:
- James Nesbitt, Max Mock and Dave Turner were in an audience clap competition for the title of “The Most Interesting Man in Optimist.” Max Mock was the winner and a photo was displayed
- Tracy Horrell for 7 (actually 9) students of the week.
- Bruce Hansen’s impersonation of the Seatle Seahawks coach.
- George Brennan for hitting the jackpot 50/50.
- Craig Snow for selling 50/50 so proudly.
- Joel Wihebrink for starting his work day at 3:30am (plowing snow).
- Jennifer Pyle for Merl’s lengthy hug and hand sanitizer for all the hands she shook.
- Several members who had children or grandchildren on the honor roll or 1st semester Dean’s list at college.
- 5 Things You Need To Know about….
- Matt Deeds:
- Favorite club project = Triathlon.
- Hail to Optimist song = He sings.
- Favorite Past President = Jeff Owens…not actually Bret Wolfe.
- Line of the creed that means the most = To be strong.
- Favorite Sergeants team = Definitely NOT you guys!
- Matt Deeds:
- Optimistic $1:
- Bob Jackson for Twinderella playing at the Wagon Wheel $12 ticket at 2pm.
- John Teevan announced it was Thaddeus Kosciuszko’s birthday.
Gina Voelz from Pottery Bayou presented this morning. Gina purchased the business in 2011. Pottery Bayou offers individuals a chance to come and create something fun and unique in a relaxed atmosphere. You can host events in their shop like birthday parties, bridal/baby showers, girls’ night out, and other endless ideas. You can select from many of their different pieces to purchase and then paint in their beautiful studio. They have kilns which allow them to fire your pieces for completion. Not only can you paint pottery, but they have fused glass options as well.
They are open for business M-Th and Sat. 10-6pm, F 10-8pm, and Sun. 12-4pm. Gina truly enjoys watching families and friends connect over the time they spend together at her shop.
Thank you for helping us all learn more about your business. You did a great job!
For more information:
- Invite a Guest.
- Clean up tables.
- Next Week’s Program: Fort Wayne Tincaps.
- Next Week’s Guests: Lakeview Students of the Week.
- Quote: “We must return optimism to our parenting. To focus on the joys, not the hassles; the love, not the disappointments; the common sense, not the complexities.” –Fred G. Gosman.