Wednesday, February 3, 2016
Wednesday, February 3, 2015
2/10-YEA!/Jennifer Pyle & Andrea Reed
2/17-WISE/Brooke Hamstra & Chris Mahan
3/2-The River/Kelly Thompson
3/9-WCHS Poetry Contest Winners
3/23-Oratorical Contest Winners
3/30-WCS CAO/David Robertsen
President, Trace Hansen, led our meeting.
82 Optimists & guests:
- Brian Brauchla-guest of John Kirkpatrick.
- Rebecca Bazzoni-guest of Michele Bickel.
- Steph Woodward-guest of Josh Gordon.
- Barb Smolen-guest of Mitch Goon.
- Brittany Lyon-guest of Jennifer Doorman.
Door Greeters: Marv Miller & Bruce Hansen.
Prayer: Fred Nieter.
Pledge was given to the American flag.
Promise yourself was said in unison.
Hail to Optimism was sung in unison.
Birthday Honorees: Happy Birthday to Steve McGlothlin (who wore a very interesting hat), Doug Baumgartner, Daren Maierle and Ivan Schueler!
Check Presentation: Scott Reust presented a check to Rebecca Bazzoni in the amount of $755 to help support Joe’s Kids.
Pam Galloway conducted:
- 2nd Reading:
- Brian Brauchla-sponsored by John Kirkpatrick
CEO Report: None this week.
- Jeff Owens-Oratorical Contest will be on Friday, March 11th. We really need participants so please help get the word out.
- Chris Wiggins-Tri-Star Basketball/Soccer will be held on Sunday, February 21st from 1-3pm. Please help spread the word, for kids ages 8-13 to participate in basketball drills like passing, dribbling through cones, and shooting.
- Everett Nifong-9th Annual Golf Outing will be on June 16th. They are looking for Tee Sponsors and volunteers for the event. Planning to have the first committee meeting on February 8th at 5:15pm at Clevenger Insurance Agency.
- Our club had FOUR members who were honored at the Kosciusko Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner last week:
- Jane Wear, Cardinal Services-Woman of the Year
- Andy Swihart, Dahms & Yarian-General Business Award
- Nick Deeter, Nextreity Solutions-Entrepreneur Award
- Brooke Hamstra, Thorne Insurance Agency-Ambassador of the Year
- Congratulations to our outstanding club members!
- Board meeting next Monday night at 5:30pm.
- We need greeters to sign up to greet our members at our weekly meetings!
- We are going to be having our Student of the Week students attend the next 6 weeks, so make sure we all help them feel welcomed and congratulate them!
Sheriff’s Report: Sherriff Bill Landriga returned to club this morning!. Welcome back! Harry gave us a report.
50/50: Jason Gergley won this week!
Videos: Catapult Squirrel video was played.
Sergeants-at-Arms: Honorary Sergeants were Denny Andrews, Max Moch and Doc Haines…
- Trace Hansen forgetting to recognize that the Warsaw Breakfast Optimist Singers performed at the Annual Chamber Dinner.
- Anyone who has not purchased a 50/50 ticket in the past few weeks.
- Doc Haines was a previous Man of the Year recipient who was not mentioned.
- Greg Kralis 10 years ago today was in the paper for a tree he found.
- Merl Heckman for having something to do with Happy Birthday.
- Mickey Smithers found out he is going to be a great grandpa. Congratulations!
- John Teevan announced February 4th is the birthdate of Tadeusz Kosciuszko.
- George Brennan is going to be a grandfather again. Congrats!
- John Elliott announced today is National Football signing day.
Coach Jim Kessler presented the History of Basketball this morning. He gave us several facts about how the game was invented by a pastor from Canada. He told us the 13 original rules, most of which are still true in today’s game of basketball. Thank you Coach for your enlightening presentation, it was very interesting and informative. We appreciate all you do for our club and our community! Thank you!
- Invite a guest next week.
- Clean up tables.
Next Week’s Program: YEA! Jennifer Kerns and Andrea Reed
- Quote: “Our goal was to win, to win a Super Bowl, but also to win in the right way, to be role models to our community, to represent Indianapolis, the state of Indiana and the National Football League.” -Tony Dungy, former NFL head Coach
Have a Great and Optimistic week!