Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Wednesday, April 8, 2015
4/15-Friends of WCS & Boys Track & Field-Coach Matt Thacker
4/22-Warsaw Parks/Liz McKinley & Girls Tennis-Rick Orban
4/29-Mayor Thallemer & Softball-Coach Jim Speicher
5/6-WCHS Soccer Camp/Ryan Burgher
5/20-Memorial Day Singers
5/27-WCS Superintendent/David Hoffert
Vice President Trace Hansen led our meeting.
83 Optimists & guests:
- Delani Wihebrink-guest (daughter) of Joel Wihebrink.
- Jason Gergely-guest of Rick Kerlin.
Door Greeters: Mitch Goon & Luke Becknell.
Prayer: Tim Hamann.
Pledge was given to the American flag.
Promise yourself was said in unison.
Hail to Optimism was sung in unison.
Birthday Honorees: Jim Bricker & Jenna Secrist. Happy Birthday!
Check Presentation: None this morning.
Jennifer Pyle conducted:
- 3rd Reading:
- Jason Gergely-sponsored by Rick Kerlin.
- Everett Nifong announced the candidates for the new leadership team. We will be voting in two weeks.
- Tony Ciriello
- Adam Turner
- Brooke Hamstra
- Vice President:
- Everett Nifong
- Trina Hoy
- 4 Board Members:
- Mitch Goon
- Jim Reeve
- Jennifer Pyle
- Pam Galloway
- Scott Reust
- Art Gakstatter
- Andrew O’ Connell
- Car Show will be in May 17th.
- Golf Outing will be June 18th @ Stonehenge.
- Triathlon will be held June 27th.
- District Meeting will be April 24 & 25 in Marion. See Michele Bickel to register.
- Invoices will be arriving soon, please watch your inbox.
- Spring Break Skate is this week!
- Please add email@example.com to your safe sender email list!
- Are you on Facebook, be sure you go to our page (https://www.facebook.com/warsawoptimist) and “Like Us.”
50/50: Jennifer Pyle was the winner of the $60 pot this morning!
Videos: Blend of 6 songs that are country music songs and Kitty Therapy vidoes were showed.
Jennifer Pyle announced: Don Reinholt.
Don has been a member since May of 1982. He is married to his lovely wife, Carla. They have three sons, Keith, Scott, and Brent and a small bischon/yorkie dog named Barkley. His occupation is Retail Furniture Business at Reinholt’s Town Square Furniture with two sons. He likes collecting coins, cards, marbles and pocket watches. His activities of interest include sports, playing and officiating and hunting with John Sullivan and Merl Heckaman. His city of residence has been Warsaw for 34 years. His burning desire to be respected, loved by his sons, grandsons and great granddaughter and to be a loving husband. Something nobody knows about Don is that he has a twin brother named Ron. He completed a 24 hour run where he completed 106 ½ miles and he also ran in the Boston Marathon. Don’s key to success is to treat other people the way you like to be treated, to give it 100% and always be honest. His Optimist memory has to do with Merl throwing hard boiled eggs at him and Don trying to pull a fast one on Merl with a regular egg. Don’s honors include 6 years on the Board, Treasurer for 2 years, Scholarship Committee and Perfect Attendance for 32 years. Thank you for sharing Don, we appreciate you as a Club Essential Optimist and ALL that you do for the club!
Sergeants-at-Arms: Ron Donkers and Gina Voelz stepped up to the plate this week:
- $1 Charge:
- Harry Gigous YMCA athletic pose from yesterday (talking).
- John Sullivan likes country music, and the video showed us that all country music is the same.
- Rich Haddad was recognized for his efforts in the Ride/Walk fun.
- Tracy Furnivall (Ann Sweet paid) for Tracy being in the paper.
- Jason Zogg (Don Haines paid) at KCH for sponsorship in the Fat & Skinny Tire Festival.
- Don Reinholt paid for Matt Reinholt being recognized in the paper for 10 years ago when he helped raise money for Riley’s.
- Larry Bishop for 50 years ago being recognized in the paper.
- Several people were charged if they picked Kentucky to win it all.
- $Optimistic $1: None today.
Club member, Jim Reeve, presented the History of the Circus this morning. Jim brought a very small piece of his collection to display. He dressed the part with his custom made $500 red jacket. It was an interesting program that everyone enjoyed. Way to go Jim!
For more information contact:
4260 S 600 E
Pierceton, IN 46562
- Invite a Guest.
- Clean up tables.
- Next Week’s Program: Friends of WCS.
- Quote: “Leaders need to be optimists. Their vision is beyond the present.” –Rudy Giuliani.
Have a very Optimist Spring Break Week!