Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Greeters: Mayor/Dr. Joe Thallemer, Mitch Goon
Invocation: Bill Crane
Guests (Hosts): Pastor Layne Sumner (Larry Bishop), Scott Wiley (Troy Akers), Noon Optimists – Trina Hoy, Bill Cook, Jim Tague
Membership: Joey Hickerson conducting
2nd Reading: Scott Wiley (Sponsored by Troy Akers)
3rd Reading: Pastor Layne Sumner (Larry Bishop)
Birthdays: Art Gakstatter
Induction: Conducted by Everett Nifong – new member Glenn Hall sponsored by Brittany Petersen
Warsaw Noon Optimists were in attendance taking orders for flowers to be delivered at the next club meeting. Proceeds will be used for bicycle safety programs.
Club Visitation: Ron Chambers announced 7 members traveled to the Rochester club on Monday, April 16.
Golf Outing: There are still Tee sponsorships available for the June 14th event. For $125, sponsors can feature their advertisement, logo or message on a flag. Contact Everett Nifong for more information.
Club Election: Over the next two weeks, Tony Ciriello will be taking nominations for several club positions including President-Elect and several Board positions.
Warsaw Breakfast Optimist 60th Birthday Party: Flashback pick of the day was Rick Swaim. Be sure to save the date of September 26th for the celebration.
50/50: $111 with $55 going to the winner Dr. David Haines
CEO Report: Brittany Petersen interviewed this week’s CEO Karen Kauffman. Karen has been a member two different times. Karen is married to her husband Kent and has one son, Reagan. She joined in 1998 stepping out after the birth of her son Reagan. She rejoined the club in 2011. Karen was from Canton, Ohio moving to the area when she attended Grace College. She is currently the Community Liasion for Home Helpers. Karen’s favorite club memory is the Triathlon from seeing how it has grown over the years to how many people it brings together.
Sergeants at Arms: Brooke Hamstra, Gina Voelz, Jeff Owens – It was a baseball-themed session with the sergeants dressed in Cubs gear and Jeff Owens decked out as a snack vendor. All were entertained as John Kirkpatrick gave a spot-on imitation of Harry Caray leading the “crowd” in singing “Take me out to the ballgame!” Be sure to visit the Warsaw Breakfast Optimist Page to view the video.
Program: Thrill! Creating a Great Customer Experience by Joe Hart, President – South Bend Cubs
- Since 2011, the South Bend Cubs have been focused on providing exceptional customer service to give fans a thrilling experience
- The key metric the organization uses to measure their success is the net promoter score i.e. “How likely are you to recommend South Bend Cubs to your friends, family or acquaintances?”
- From 2012 to 2017, the South Bend Cubs have raised their NPS score from 13% to 84% by providing an exceptional fan experience, resulting in attendance tripling since 2011. South Bend Cubs attendance is now “at capacity” with 350,000 fans visiting Four Winds Field last year.
- Over the last 5 years, the ballpark has seen many improvements including:
- A splash pad for the kids
- A tiki hut for the adults
- A team store housed in a renovated former synagogue
- A natural grass field
- An executive chef who oversees a variety of offerings from award-winning hot dogs to pulled pork nachos
- A performance center housing 6 indoor batting cages used for training by players and the public
- The South Bend Cubs have been a benefit to the community too bringing more visitors to South Bend, sparking increased investment in the neighborhood, and increasing tax revenue.
Next Week’s Program: North Buffalo Street Development