Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
4/22-Warsaw Parks/Liz McKinley & Girls Tennis-Rick Orban
4/29-Mayor Thallemer & Softball-Coach Jim Speicher
5/6-WCHS Soccer Camp/Ryan Burgher
5/20-Memorial Day Singers
5/27-WCS Superintendent/David Hoffert
President Rick Kerlin led our meeting.
96 Optimists & guests:
- Vicky Decker-guest of Doug Baumgardner.
- Jason Gergely-guest of Rick Kerlin.
- Bill Cook & Don Parker-Noon Optimist Guests.
- Susie Light-guest of Greg Kralis.
- Dick Helms-guest of Larry Bishop.
- Michelle Wood-guest of Ann Sweet.
- Warsaw Boys Track & Field and Coach Matt Thacker.
Door Greeters: Art Gakstatter & Mike itch Goon & Luke Becknell.
Prayer: Fred Nieter.
Pledge was given to the American flag.
Promise yourself was said in unison.
Hail to Optimism was sung in unison.
Birthday Honorees: Art Gakstatter and Adam Turner. Happy Birthday!
Check Presentation: Doug Baumgarder presented a $300.00 to Vicky Decker for Junior Achievement this morning.
George Brennan inducted:
- Jason Gergely-sponsored by Rick Kerlin. Welcome to the club Jason!
- Everett Nifong announced the candidates for the new leadership team. We will be voting next week.
- Tony Ciriello
- Adam Turner
- Brooke Hamstra
- Vice President:
- Everett Nifong
- Trina Hoy
- 4 Board Members:
- Mitch Goon
- Jim Reeve
- Jennifer Pyle
- Pam Galloway
- Scott Reust
- Art Gakstatter
- Andrew O’ Connell
- Car Show will be in May 17th.
- Golf Outing will be June 18th @ Stonehenge.
- Triathlon will be held June 27th.
- Noon Optimist Club is having a Flower Sale for Administrative Assistants Day (4/22/15) and a Chicken Sale: Three carnations are $10, One rose is $6, Three roses are $15. Nelson’s BBQ Chicken sale is Saturday, May 9th at East Center Street Owen’s from 10am-2pm and the cost is $6.50/half!
- District Meeting will be April 24 & 25 in Marion. See Michele Bickel to register.
- Ot Schroeder will be conducting a New Member Orientation on Thursday, April 30th at 7am over at Martin’s upstairs.
- Spring Break Skate had 311 skaters this year.
- Invoices will be arriving soon, please watch your inbox.
- Please add email@example.com to your safe sender email list!
- Are you on Facebook, be sure you go to our page (https://www.facebook.com/warsawoptimist) and “Like Us.”
50/50: Ron Donkers was the winner of the $97 pot this morning!
None this week.
Sergeants-at-Arms: Jeff, Bob and Steve entertained us:
- $1 Charge:
- Bill Cook & Don Parker to give away the beautiful flower arrangements they had on display for their flower sale.
- Marty Becky for giving Art a hug and Adam a handshake after the Birthday song this morning.
- Jeff Plank for gold coins.
- Ron Chambers for holding a sign up “It’s a Joy to vote for Hoy” and breaking the sign.
- Brooke Hamstra for her late night Facebook campaign.
- Everett Nifong not saying something interesting.
- Joy Lavender to attend the New Member Orientation this month.
- Jason Gergely to get involved with the Scholarship and Car Show committees.
- John Teevan for going to Thailand last week.
- 5 Questions:
- Mike Cox
- Garden/Truck patch? = Garden.
- Tomato juice is the beverage of what state? = Ohio.
- How long have you had a garden? = 35 years.
- Have you ever visited gardenweb.com? = No.
- Favorite vegetable? = Green beans.
- Doug Baumgardner DID mention he was in Optimist when his picture was in the paper.
- Fred Nieter’s joke….A dentist was at a convention and was honored with a small plaque.
- Mike Cox
- $Optimistic $1: None today.
Club member, Dr. David Hoffert, presented Friends of Warsaw Community Schools this morning. He highlighted several accomplishments of the Schools (Feed My Starving Children, WILL, etc.) and also discussed some upcoming goals and needs. Good job Dr. Hoffert!
- Invite a Guest.
- Clean up tables.
- Next Week’s Program: Warsaw Parks Department-Liz McKinley.
- Quote: “Being an optimist after you’ve got everything you want doesn’t count.” –Kin Hubbard.
Have a very Optimist Week!