October 12, 2016
2-Beaman Home/Tabatha Gabbard
9-Veterans Day Program/Optimist Singers
16-Trine University/Alli Finch
30-John Sullivan’s Musical Talents
7-Big Brothers Big Sisters/Kate O’Connor
21-Christmas Carols/Optimist Singers
28-White Elephant Auction
Invocation by: Rick Swaim
Greeters: Jeff Servies, Frank Grose
Members & Guests:
Ryan Workman (Jen Kerns)
Greg Steffe (Trina Hoy)
- Joey Hickerson (Joel Wihebrink)
Harry Gigrous, Gary Tanner. Happy Birthday!
Brooke Hamstra conducted:
- Joey Hickerson (sponsored by Joel Wihebrink)
Octagon Club Report:
- Ott Schroeder gave a report on the Octagon Club. He thanked the advisors and said the Club is going to have their 17th anniversary. That means they are the oldest and largest Octagon Club in the Northern District.
Ghost Tours by Greg Steffe
- Friday, October 28th is the Spooktacular. Volunteers are needed from 4:30 to 9:00.
Ron Chambers said the Club Visitation will be with the Warsaw Noon Optimists, Nov 7, Grace College. They’re going to have a good program.
Jenny Lucht talked about the Elves for Elders program around the holidays. There are volunteer opportunities for purchasing and delivery elves.
Coach Kessler, standing in for Bob Jackson, discussed Hoops for Hope, Nov 18 and 19 at the Manahan OCC. The money raised is donated to the Kosciusko Cancer Care Fund.Sponsors are needed at $500, $250 and $100 levels.
Andy Swihart discussed the Optimists table at the Big Brothers Big Sisters event Nov 10 at the Winona Heritage Room. 8 seats are available. Reception begins at 5:30, dinner at 6:45.
- Merl Heckaman asked that we watch for the sign-up for bell ringing for the Salvation Army.
President Ciriello talked about some of the new committee changes.
Brooke HamstrA will be Membership Chair and starting a mentorship program for new members. If interested in being a mentor contact Brooke or Tony.
Tressa Nichols assisted by Pam Galloway will be working on the Optibullete.
Pam Galloway will be helping with the Directory.
Rick Swaim will be Program Chair assisted by John Sullivan.
CEO Report: by Jen Kerns
50/50: Jeff Servies won this week, and donated the money to Riley’s!
Sergeants-at-arms: Jim Smith, Juergen Voss, and Travis McConnell entertained us.
- Next Week: Beaman Home/Tabatha Gabbard
- Thank You Guests & Members.
- Spooktacular, Friday from 5:30 to 8:00
- Clean your tables.
“Don’t start the day with the broken pieces of yesterday because today is the first day of the rest of our lives.” – President Tony Ciriello.
Thanks and have an Optimist Week!