Wednesday, April 29, 2015
5/6-WCHS Soccer Camp/Ryan Burgher
5/20-Memorial Day Singers
5/27-WCS Superintendent/David Hoffert
President Rick Kerlin led our meeting.
89 Optimists & guests:
- Dave Mitchell-guest of Tony Ciriello.
- Brittany Lyon-guest of Ot Schroeder.
- Amy Evans-guest of Ot Schroeder.
- Warsaw Girls Softball Team and Coach Kevin Dishman with JV Coach Tim Goshert.
Door Greeters: Joel Wihebrink & Scott Reust.
Prayer: Ivan Schuler.
Pledge was given to the American flag.
Promise yourself was said in unison.
Hail to Optimism was sung in unison.
Birthday Honorees: David Benning, George Paton and Brenda Edling. Happy Birthday!
Check Presentation: Jennifer Lucht presented presented a $2,000.00 check to Amy Evans and Brittany Lyon for Kosciusko County Educational Development.
- 6th Annual Car Show will be on May 17th. They are looking for door prizes to give away!
- Golf Outing will be June 18th @ Stonehenge.
- Triathlon will be held June 27th.
Jennifer Pyle conducted:
- 3nd Reading
- Dennis Williams-sponsored by Jim Kessler and Ann Sweet.
- Brooke Hamstra announced that one of the videos was selected as a finalist in the International Competition, but actually BOTH videos are finalists. Please visit the link: http://www.optimist.org/reel-optimism.cfm, select our videos (Club Showcase and 30 Second Challenge), VOTE, and share on Facebook or Twitter to help get the message out so we can win this!
- District Meeting update.
- John Sullivan was awarded for his completion of the Dime A Day Program. Where he donated a dime a day for a year to help raise money for Optimist! Great job John!
- Invoices will be arriving soon, please watch your inbox.
- Please add email@example.com to your safe sender email list!
- Are you on Facebook, be sure you go to our page (https://www.facebook.com/warsawoptimist) and “Like Us.”
50/50: Jerry Titus was the winner of the $90 pot this morning!
Videos: Star Wars preview was shown this morning.
None this week.
Sergeants-at-Arms: Jeff, Bob and Steve entertained us:
- $1 Charge:
- Jennifer Lucht to read the “bunt signal” from coach Dishman.
- Jennifer Pyle for knowing what is next Tuesday? Star Wars Day (May the Fourth Be With You).
- There were a lot of Star Wars movie plugs this morning.
- 5 Questions:
- Chris Shipley (Star Wars Day)
- How old were you and where? Not born, 4-5 years old at home.
- Darth Vadar-Bad guy/Good Guy? Bad Guy.
- Jarjar Binks-love him or kill him? Kill him.
- Princess Laya-hot or not? No comment.
- Is the force strong with you? Yes!
- Chris Shipley (Star Wars Day)
- $Optimistic $1:
- Akash Jain announced his daughter’s Sweater Project received 100 sweaters today from our club! Way to go!
Mayor Joe Thallemer presented this morning on Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. He discussed updates on projects pertaining transportation in our community. Great job Mayor Thallemer! Thank you for sharing the information with our club!
- Invite a Guest.
- Clean up tables.
- Next Week’s Program: WCHS Soccer Camp-Ryan Burgher.
- Quote: “One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.” –Lucille Ball.
Have a very Optimist Week!