Wednesday, November 26, 2014
12/3 WCHS CTO/Brad Hagg
12/10 YMCA/Chad Zaucha
12/17 Christmas Carols
12/24 NO MEETING
12/31 White Elephant Auction
President Rick Kerlin led our meeting.
78 Optimists & several guests:
- David Robertson-Guest of Scott Reust.
- Roger Aguilar-Guest (husband) of Trina Hoy.
- Luke Blacksley-Guest of Rick Kerlin.
- Kim Zink-Guest of Brooke Hamstra.
- Patrick Nesbit-Guest (son) of Jim Nesbit.
- Liz McKinley-Guest of Ann Sweet.
- Tim Hamman-Guest of Andy Swihart.
- Susan Donkers and boyfriend, John Franklin-Guest (daughter) of Ron & Pat Donkers.
- Camden Tom-Guest (son) of Angie Tom.
Door Greeters: Rob Bishop & George Paton.
Prayer: Don Reinholt.
Pledge was given to the American flag.
Promise yourself was said in unison.
Hail to Optimism was sung in unison.
Birthday Honorees: Bart Templeton, Laurie Schotz and Troy Tom. Happy Birthday!
- Tracy Horrell presented a $2,000 check for Baker Youth Club to Tracy Furnivall on behalf of our club.
- Trace Hansen presented a $1,000 check for Warsaw Parks Department to Liz McKinley.
Jenna Secrist conducted
- First reading for:
- Tim Hamman-Sponsored by Andy Swihart.
- Kim Zink-Sponsored by Brooke Hamstra.
- Second reading for:
- David Robertson-Sponsored by Scott Reust.
CEO Report (Club Essential Optimists):
Jenna Secrist announced Juergen Voss.
- Juergen has been an Optimist member since 1977. He has been married to Betsy since 1985. He has 2 children, Michelle and Matt. He works at Open Air Garden Center and Greenhouses and is also in real estate. His hobbies include growing plants, scuba diving and H.O. Model Trains. Activities of interest involve Lake City Skiers he is a pickup boat driver and also in Optimist Singers. He has resided in Warsaw since 1977. He has a fish and a cat. His burning desire is to travel. He claims he has no secrets and we all know everything about him. His key to success is to think outside the box. His favorite Optimist memory has to do with the Optimist Haunted House. Juergen’s honors include Past President and Past Lt. Governor. Thank you for sharing and being an ESSENTIAL member in our group!
- Jane Wear-The Santa House is starting next Friday and will run for 3 weekends. Bring your kids to see Santa!
- Are you on Facebook, be sure you go to our page (https://www.facebook.com/warsawoptimist) and “Like Us.”
- Trina Hoy-Big Brothers/Big Sisters Big Celebration is next Thursday, December 4th at Champagne Jam starts at 5:45pm. Dinner is at 7pm and Kent Benson-IU/NBA Star will be featured. Optimist has a table for 8, let Trina or Andy Swihart know if you are interested.
- December 5th will be a Club Visitation at Das Essenhaus in Middlebury, IN.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender email list!
50/50: None today.
Video: Was shown for Thanksgiving.
Sergeants-at-Arms: Jeff Owens entertained us:
- 5 Things You Need To Know about….
- Jane Wear:
- Do you shop Black Friday = No.
- Favorite balloon in Macy’s Parade = Cardinal.
- Favorite gift from 12 Days of Christmas = Partridge.
- Charlie Brown or Rudolph = Rudolph.
- Favorite Christmas carol = Silent Night.
- Jane Wear:
- $1 Charge:
- David Hoffert-for not standing up during his update about the White House.
- Anybody named Trace/Tracy.
- Trina Hoy-for knowing why her husband does not want to talk.
- Susan Donkers-her favorite Oley joke.
Cub Scout Cake Auction-Troop 3731 First Christian Church. Thank you for the yummy goodies!
- Next week’s Program – WCHS CTO/Bradd Haag.
- Clean up tables.
- Invite a Guest.
- Quote of the week: “Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible.” -Albert Einstein.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!