Wednesday, May 27, 2015
6/3-Reinventing Yourself and Business/Damian Mason
6/10-Riley Champion/Camille Kerlin
6/17-First Source Bank/Chris Murphy
7/1-KCH Health Update/Jay de los Reyes
7/8-Warsaw Times-Union/Gary Gerard
President Rick Kerlin led our meeting.
97 Optimists & guests:
- Megan Williams-(wife) guest of Dennis Williams.
- Karin McGrath-guest of Robert Bishop.
- Bill, Missy & Sydney Hartman-guests of Trace Hansen.
- Julie Robinson (Incoming Governor Elect for state of Indiana)-guest of Ron Donkers.
- WCHS Boys Golf team and coach Ben Barkey.
Door Greeters: Mike Metzger & George Brennan.
Prayer: Jim Nesbitt.
Pledge was given to the American flag.
Promise yourself was said in unison.
Hail to Optimism was sung in unison.
Birthday Honorees: Bill Landrigan, Rocky Goshert, Akash Jain, Kelsi Griffith, Millie Andrews, & Dave Wolkins. Happy Birthday!
Check Presentation: Trace Hansen presented two $1,000 Scholarships to Octogon students on behalf of East Lake Skate Center: Ryan Cultice and Sydney Hartman.
- Golf Outing will be June 18th @ Stonehenge. Contact Everett Nifong if you are interested in volunteering, participating, or sponsoring the event in any way! Raffle tickets will be available to purchase up to the date of the outing.
- Triathlon will be held June 27th. The Warsaw Boys Golf Team will campout at the park to watch the kayaks for the race.
- Scott Whataker explained the Respect for Law event on May 30th. It will be at Pike Lake Beach from 9am-12pm. There will be police vehicles on display, there will be a mock drowning, as well as taser and rubber bullet demos. Come on out to join the fun!
Jen Pyle announce Fred Nieter.
Member since February 3, 1992.
His wife was Dot.
Anniversary-They were married 60 years.
Children-Gary, Randy & Rod.
City of residence-Warsaw for 24 years.
Occupation-Electrical Engineer and Maintenance Manager.
Hobbies-Golf & watching high school sports.
Burning Desire-To convince his sons he can drive safely.
Key to Success-Integrity.
Honors-Rookie of the Year in Optimist.
Something nobody know-He worked for Niles, MI Public Works.
Favorite Optimist Memory-Telling “talking dog story.”
Thanks you for sharing Fred! We enjoy your optimistic attitude and fun sense of humor. We appreciate ALL you do for the club!
- Invoices went out.
- Please add email@example.com to your safe sender email list!
- Are you on Facebook, be sure you go to our page (https://www.facebook.com/warsawoptimist) and “Like Us.”
50/50: Ron Chambers was the winner of the $70 pot this morning!
Sergeants-at-Arms: Jeff, Bob and Steve entertained us:
- $1 Charge:
- Ben Barkey was recognized as Coach of the Year for Conference.
- Three of the golf players were recognized for making All Conference.
- Jen Pyle-never give Fred Nieter the microphone.
- Art Gakstatter voted the guy who would most likely give you his shirt today (or any day). Ok, so Art had a shirt malfunction this morning.
- Lucas Rose-126 most likely to be a future Optimist member.
- Luke-shot a 78 at Tippy and when asked about his PB (personal best) he thought it meant “Pretty Boy.”
- Jason Gergely for his appearance in the Days of the Lake magazine.
- Craig Allebach for his new apple watch.
- Robert Bishop for his guest.
- Bill Landrigan $2….for ???
- Merl Heckaman for his confusion with numbers and Actuarial Science.
- 5 Questions:
- Rusty Meier
- How many laps are in the Indy 500? = 200.
- How many laps would 500 miles be on the Plymouth Speedway? = 1333.
- Who sang at the Indy 500? = Straight No Chaser.
- Favorite driver? =
- Favorite memory from the Indy 500? = The noise.
- Rusty Meier
- $Optimistic $1:
- Charlie Hollar paid $7 for his 7 grandsons.
Irish Saunders from Plymouth Speedway presented this morning. He told his story and shared his families passion for motor sports speedway. He will give our club 40 tickets to raffle off to head out to the track at Plymouth Speedway for a fun night! Thank you Irish, we enjoyed your program!
- Invite a Guest.
- Clean up tables.
- Next Week’s Program: Reinventing yourself and business-Damian Mason.
- Quote: “When life stresses you, step back and look at the positive, keep an optimistic attitude.” -Catherine Pulsifer.
Have a very Optimist Week!